Tuesday, July 23, 2013

I'm crabby.

Massive storms and old trees do not mix. Last week we had an absolutely AMAZING thunderstorm, that left the top of THIS tree in my backyard.

the tree
 
the top of the tree
 
another view point of the top of the tree
 

 It was a bit of a catastrophe. Only a bit though. No one was hurt, and it didn't land on the house. And you really can't see it in these photos but underneath of the top of the tree is my 14 year olds bike.  It is no longer rideable. ( ride-able? ridable? how the fuck do you spell that?)   The crack was loud enough it woke up the man on the couch who called me at work convinced it was a tornado while herding children into the basement.

It was not a tornado, thank the gods above. It was just a storm with very strong winds. The tree was left in my backyard for several days, and I had resigned myself to stepping over sticks and branches and whatnots until the weekend when we had time to clean it up.

I should have known better.

Now, this week I have not had a lot of sleep. I'm a little crankier than normal. ( read: I'm a raving bitch and you don't have to like it, you just have to suck it the fuck up and stay out of my way. I'm tired, and I'm crabby, and I don't really care. ) I have to have surgery on my mouth again tomorrow, which now means I now have more invested in my mouth than I do in one of my cars. FUCKING RIDICULOUS. FUCK teeth. DAMN. I should have just had them all pulled out and gotten fucking dentures. Then I wouldn't be in excruciating pain no one will prescribe anything for because nobody knows how to use their drugs responsibly and people like me who don't actually get high off pain pills cant fucking have them because of people like that.

I have to have another tooth pulled out or a root canal.  Fuck that shit. I'm getting it pulled the fuck out and calling it done. Getting my wisdom teeth was SUPPOSED TO HELP with the migraines. Instead, they caused so much damage to my molars in front of them,  I can't even describe the pain.  Anyway, I finally got home from the dentist at noon, put dinner in the crock pot, and was in bed by 1 this afternoon. (Remember, I work midnights.)


Suddenly, I'm woken out of a dead sleep by MOTHERFUCKING CHAINSAWS. Not only was the tree on the ground being chopped up and hauled away, but the rest of the tree was being cut down as well. BY MOTHERFUCKING CHAINSAWS. Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME.  No warning it was coming. No courtesy phone call to say " Hey Kim, we are going to come chop down the tree today and ruin your whole afternoon, which is totally the middle of your night, but that's okay because its totally  daytime and the rest of the world is wide the fuck awake you vampire,  you should try and sleep somewhere else besides your super comfy bed, because there will be multiple chain saws under your windows for an hour or two!" Just BOOM your nap is over.


Fuck. FUCK.

I was pissed. I'm still pissed.

I never did get to go back to sleep, either.


No comments:

Post a Comment