Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Fucking Walmart. And Cars are absolute money pits

I had a flat tire last week. I paid a wrecker $65 motherfucking dollars to come change the tire because I do not have the strength to get of the LAST BLOODY lugnut. Gah.

Anyway, then I was on the spare.....which also went flat. Story of my fucking life, right? Just wait- it gets EVEN BETTER.

I have one of those cars with a weird tire size, which means nobody carries them in regular stock. Except for once, Walmart. So, I order the bloody tires ( they have to come in pairs, I guess? This might have been a lie I was told) and the store calls me and says KIM YOUR TIRES ARE IN COME ON OVER AND WE'LL GET YOU RIGHT IN AND IT WILL ONLY BE A FEW MINUTES!!

.....
So I hop into my broken car and travel across the highway to WalMart, and go stand at the counter of the tire and lube express. The gentleman who was working is one of those incredibly nice people, albeit clueless.  He normally works in the photo department ( I live in a small town, I know where the regular walmart people work, okay?) so I was willing to cut him some slack...until he asked me  " So where are we putting these tires?"

Without even taking a breath I shot back " On the car?"

Like, are we having  a serious conversation right now or was this a big joke I wasn't let in on?

He reacted like I'd told the funniest joke ever, and explained to me what position on the car did I want the new tires to be , drivers or passenger, front or rear. I said " I really don't care. I want the flat spare taken off, and replaced. Wherever you want to put the other tire is fine with me...Just put it on.

Then the poor man tells me " Okay, it will be about an hour and we'll page you!"" Okay mother fucker- a few minutes does not equal an hour, especially in the middle of my workday!  So I marched my fat ass back across the highway, just STEAMING mad. In shitty walking shoes and through melting snow puddles. My socks were wet and my temper absolutely shot. 

I get back to my desk just as the phone rings- it's walmart.  I said out loud " You fuckers better not be already done!"

Nope, they were calling to tell me I ordered the wrong size tires for my car. Umm...the fuck I did! I researched that shit like a champ before I ordered! ( Hello google? What size tires does a 2011 Ford Focus SES use?) So fine - I ordered the wrong size. It's not the first time I've done something like that...They have the right size and it's only another 30 dollars per tire, so I tell them to go ahead and make the change and I'll pay the difference when I pick the car up.

FIVE FUCKING MINUTES LATER Walmart calls again. " Hi Kim? A here from walmart! Turns out you DID order the right size, you have two different size tires on your car!"   Turns out when my mechanic put it on for me, he put on the wrong size...and why would I check? I trust my mechanic right?

I wound up buying a third tire to make all my bloody tires the same size, and called it done.  No wonder I had such a hard time this winter!! IF I wasn't stuck in the stupid driveway, I was stuck in the ditch, and it never dawned on me to check the tire SIZE. 

It wasn't even 3pm and I was so done with the day I was ready for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment